Music at Bethany
All of our Vocal choirs are directed by Dr. Cary Ratcliff, a great teacher who writes and re-writes music for us and is always ready to welcome new members into the groups.
- Bethany Choir - The Bethany Adult Choir is the flagship of Bethany's music program. The Choir sings every Sunday, at most 11:00 services, monthly at the 8:45 service, and in special seasonal services. Rehearsal Thursday evenings at 7:30. They devote themselves to the art of choral singing and the musical interpretation of Christian texts, and enjoy camaraderie along the way.
- Singers in the Spirit and teen choir - meets weekly on Sunday afternoon, and enjoys a wide range of musical styles, singing in parts. They sing alone, and in collaboration with adult and children's choirs.
- Kids of the Covenant(grades 2-4) and Intermediate Choir (grades 5-7) meet on Wednesday evenings, and establish a basis for a lifelong joy in singing. See our pictures from the Jonah and the Whale Production.
- Summer Family Choir - The Summer Family Choir welcomes all ages on a come-when-you-can basis. It sings several times each summer, meeting one hour before the 10 a.m. service to learn easy and fun music for that day.
Listen to the Bethany Choir sing "I'lll Praise My Maker While I've Breath", by Craig Courtney, with guest violinist Anyango Yarbo-Davenport.
- Prelude Ringers - Beginning bell choir for youth and adults that rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 6:30PM. We always welcome folks who are new or newer to bell ringing.
- Joyful Noise Ringers - Youth bell choir that rehearses on Sunday afternoons at 4:30PM
- Celebration Ringers - Adult bell choir that rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 7:30PM. This group enjoys tackling more challenging bell music.
- Bells & Beaux - Senior bell choir that rehearses on Tuesday mornings at 9:00AM. This is a wonderful opportunity for those unable to get out in the evening to make beautiful music.
Bethany Community Music Center
The Musikgarten Early Childhood Movement and Music classes are the central focus of the Music Academy. The goal of the Academy is to provide quality music and movement education for children and their families regardless of their financial status with tuition assistance being available for those who just ask. An example is the God's Children Sing program for ages 0-3 years which meets on Sundays from 9:45AM to 10:15AM. This music program is available to ALL and led by Karen McIverat 621-4695. There are many Musikgarten programs available for ALL ages.